Thursday 20 October 2011

Game 1: Dead Island

Hello to my (currently nonexistent) fans, first review or rundown is Dead Island!

Right....where to start,
Voice acting seems like a good place to begin, ugh mostly due to the fact that I am Australian, was it too hard to get actual Australian voice actors? There's got to be some at least. These poorly imitated and horribly stereotypical accents seem to give the intention that Deep Silver wanted players that weren't so pedantic as I am about accents that are horribly overdone, now, I understand that they wanted players to be able to instantly identify with the characters they're playing, but seriously? With content as Aussie rich as Dead Island is, you don't need them to all be bigger bogans than Steve Irwin for international, RE: Non-Australian players to recognise who these NPCs are.

Gameplay: I've currently been playing as Sam B the blunt "expert" because, why wouldn't I want to hit zombies with a solid object. But it doesn't feel to me that I'm actually hitting these zombies, I don't get any feeling of satisfaction from it, whereas in "Burn Zombie Burn" the baseball bat has a satisfying crunch at the end of a swing, confirming that I did indeed hit said zombie.

Story: I honestly haven't gotten that far into it, and I'm not going to spoil it, but while the possibility of a zombie apocalypse is indeed unlikely, it's just a bit too fantastic for me.

Overall: I'm going to give it a 5/10 being that while I did enjoy playing, it just doesn't provide me with enough entertainment to keep playing.

How about you? What are your thoughts, leave a comment detailing what you thought, and a game you'd like to see reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment